Session 1: Boot Camp
- Introduction to the Course and Participants, Importance of Leadership within the Profession, and “How To” on Setting up Future Courses in the Coming Months
- Date: September 13, 2013
- Session Coordinators: CKLDP Committee
- Session 1: Bootcamp PDF
Session 2: Firm Foundations
- Office and Firm Management Leadership, Ownership, and Transition, Small Business Management, Financial Planning, and Business/Project Management Standards
- Date: October 4, 2013
- Session Coordinators: Jeff McBride and Mike Rouse
- Session 2: Firm Foundations PDF
Session 3: Effective Communication
- Business and Professional Communications: Public relations, presentations, writing and professional speaking skills.
- Date: November 1, 2013
- Session Coordinators: Amaya Labrador and Aimee Woodall
- Session 3: Effective Communication PDF
Session 4: Future of the Practice
- The Future of Architecture: The Fundamentals of planning, design, documentation and service in a forward-thinking, changing profession.
- Date: December 6, 2013
- Session Coordinators: Danielle Lake and Luis Velez-Alvarez
- Session 4: Future of the Practice PDF
Session 5: Practicing Professionalism
- Ethics and Law: From contracts and codes to professional ethics and standards of behavior as it pertains to the profession.
- Date: January 10, 2014
- Session Coordinators: Kendrick Richardson and Jon Toonkel
- Session 5: Practicing Professionalism PDF
Session 6: Serving Communities
- Community Involvement: Role of volunteerism in a market-based society, professional expectations for social responsibility and public service
- Date: February 7, 2014
- Session Coordinators: Greg Holeyman and Ricardo Rodriguez
- Session 6: Serving Communities PDF
Session 7: Working Together
- The role of architects relative to other project stakeholders, including public and private owners, developers, contractors, consultants, financial institutions, and other allied professionals.
- Date: March 7, 2014
- Session Coordinators: Marek Hnizda and Kathryn Slattery
- Session 7: Working Together PDF
Session 8: Beyond Green
- Industry Trends and Technology: Building Information Modeling (BIM), Integrated Project Delivery (IPD), and the latest reference(s) focusing on sustainability within the profession.
- Date: April 4, 2014
- Session Coordinators: Ana Baker and Jason Kasparek
Session 9: Public Policy & Advocacy
- Philanthropy and Board Involvement: Role of mentorship, education, economic development, and politics in nurturing creativity, talent and public interest in the arts and architecture.
- Date: May 2, 2014
- Session Coordinators: Marcy Giannunzio and Melinda Goodroe
Session 10: Boot Camp for Next Year’s Class
- Date: September, 2014