- Introduction to the course and participants, importance of leadership within the profession, and “How To” on Setting up future courses in the coming months
- Date: September 05, 2014
- Session Coordinators: CKLDP Committee
Session 1: Working Together
- The role of architects relative to other project stakeholders, including public and private owners; how to team with and work with team members such as developers, contractors, consultants, financial institutions, and other allied professionals.
- Date: October 10, 2014
- Session Coordinators: Tracy Hucul, LEED AP BD+C & Stephanie Traynor, Assoc. AIA
Session 2: Marketing and Business Development
- Business and professional communications including public relations, presentations, writing, and professional speaking skills.
- Date: November 07, 2014
- Session Coordinators: Scott Cryer, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, CSI CDT & Joshua Hill, AIA, LEED AP BD+C
Session 3: Office and Firm Management
- Leadership, ownership, and transition.
- Date: December 05, 2014
- Session Coordinators: Anthony Monica, Assoc. AIA & Seth Wilschutz, AIA, LEED AP BD+C
Session 4: Professional Ethics and the Law
- Professional practice focus on ethics and law, from contracts and codes to professional ethics and standards of behavior as it pertains to the profession
- Date: January 09, 2015
- Session Coordinators: John Herrington, Assoc. AIA, LEED AP BD+C & Kimberly Tuttle, AIA, NCARB
Session 5: Community Service
- Community Involvement: the role of volunteerism in a market-based society, professional expectations for social responsibility and public service
- Date: February 06, 2015
- Session Coordinators: Rachael Johnson, Assoc. AIA, EDAC & Mark Palmer, AIA, LEED AP BD+C
Session 6: Philanthropy and Board Involvement
- Public policy and advocacy and the role of mentorship, education, economic development, and politics in nurturing creativity, talent, and public interest in the arts and architecture as a means of community identity and expression
- Date: March 06, 2015
- Session Coordinators: Carissa Gavin, LEED AP & Yiselle Santos, LEED AP BD+C
Session 7: Industry Trends
- Industry trends and technology within the practice including Building Information Modeling (BIM), Integrated Project Delivery (IPD), and the latest reference(s) focusing on sustainability within the profession.
- Date: April 10, 2015
- Session Coordinators: Elizabeth Barrett, AIA, LEED AP & John Schippers, AIA
Session 8: Future of the Practice
- The future of architecture and the fundamentals of planning, design, documentation, and service in a forward-thinking and fast-changing profession.
- Date: May 08, 2015
- Session Coordinators: Dennis Daisey, AIA, LEED AP BD+C & Jeremy Sharp, AIA, LEED AP