The Christopher Kelley Leadership Development Program’s (CKLDP) Application Submissions for the Class of 2021 opens Friday, September 11, 2020.
Here’s what you need to know to apply!
- Applications will open Friday, September 11, 2020
- *Coming Soon! CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Application period will end at 11:59 pm on Friday, October 23, 2020
“Applications 101” Information Session: An optional, informal Q&A session will be held via Zoom on September 23, 2020 at 6:30 pm. This meeting will be hosted by the CKLDP Advisory Committee and provides potential program participants with an opportunity to ask questions and receive helpful hints about what to include, or not, in their program applications. Interested candidates are encouraged to attend, but attendance is not mandatory, nor does it influence the likelihood that a candidate would be accepted into the program.
- When: September 23, 2020, 6:30 pm
- Where: Virtual (Zoom)
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Please click the following links for relevant information, instructions and forms.
- 2021 Session Schedule
- 2021 Application Instructions
- 2021 Participation Agreement Form
- 2021 Tuition Assistance Form
Applications must include the following. Incomplete applications may be disqualified:
- Letter of Interest – Applicants must submit a one-page letter of interest describing their reasons for applying to CKLDP, including how participation in the program will help them become better leaders, any previous leadership experiences, unique qualities that set them apart from their peers, and other applicable personal details. Letters of interest should help the selection committee get to know the applicant beyond what can be discerned from their professional resume. Letters shall be uploaded in PDF format. (Last Name-First Name-Letter of Interest.pdf)
- Letters of Recommendation – Each application must include at least one, but no more than three, letters of recommendation. It is in the best interest of the applicant to ensure only strong letters of support are submitted. Letters should be written by someone who has worked closely with the applicant, but they do not have to be from someone within the industry. Letters are limited to one page each and shall be uploaded in PDF format. (Last Name-First Name-Letter of Recommendation-1.pdf)
- Personal Resume – Resumes shall include details of the applicant’s employment history, education, activities, volunteer experience, publications, and any honors or awards. Resumes are limited to two pages and shall be uploaded in PDF format. DO NOT submit a one-page generic firm resume with a list of projects only. (Last Name-First Name-Resume.pdf)
- Agreement Form – Completed, signed, and uploaded in PDF format. Please see documents section above to download a copy of the form. (Last Name-First Name-Agreement.pdf)
Optional Supplemental Documents
Tuition Assistance Request Form – Tuition assistance is limited to AIA|DC members and is dependent on firm size. Candidates are encouraged to apply for tuition assistance only in cases of genuine financial need. Please review the criteria carefully.
Have more questions?
Reach out to Daniel or Claire for more information:
- Chair: Daniel Blair, AIA, NCARB, dblair@ISTUDIOarchitects.com
- Past-Chair: Claire Dickey, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, EDAC email@example.com
We look forward to your application!